XviD.Ru Setup codecs
Russian version here
AUTHOR OF THIS TEXT DOES NOT WARRANT OR MAKE ANY REPRESENTATIONS
REGARDING THE USE OR THE RESULTS OF THE USE OF THIS TEXT OR ANY
OTHER INFORMATION MENTIONED HEREWITH IN TERMS OF THEIR CORRECTNESS,
ACCURACY, RELIABILITY, OR OTHERWISE.
You may follow instructions described here on your own risk.
This text`s version history:
- v2.1 from 23-Aug-2006: updated QuickTimeAlternate 1.75, RealAlternate 1.50, Windows Media Lite 2.40,
- v2.0 from 26-Mar-2006: updated QuickTimeAlternate 1.69 + RealAlternate 1.48, added WMLite 1.20; FFDSHOW used instead of some old codecs, settings file for FFDSHOW created; tests added; ON2 codecs changed to DEcodecs only
- v1.5 from 11-Nov-2005: united QuickTimeAlternate 1.63 + RealAlternate 1.44
- v1.4 from 23-Mar-2005: VP7 added, QuickTimeAlternate changed to 1.41
- v1.3 from 12-Feb-2005: added text about codecs` deletion
- v1.2 from 08-Feb-2005: changed soft package for W9X
- v1.1 from 22-Sep-2004: New versions of Gspot, ffdshow, real alt
- v1.0 from 30-Jun-2004: Indeo 5 moved to 2nd portion. WMA and MP3
audio codecs divided. 3d porion created.
Install.exe changed to runinf.exe inside installation packages
to minimize needed clicks
- v0.9 from 20-May-2004: Table-style division for NT 4.0, W9X-ME, W2k-XP
- v0.8 from 08-Feb-2004: RealMedia & Quick Time alternative update
- v0.7 from 26-Jan-2004: Real Player is substituted by RealMedia Alternative
- v0.6 from 22-Jan-2004: Gspot updated to 2.21
- v0.5 from 09-Jan-2004: Added Windows XP workarounds
- v0.4 from 05-Nov-2003: Added VP61 codec from on2.com
- v0.3 from 15-Oct-2003: Added AAC Dolby 5.1 sound decoder
- v0.2 from 02-Oct-2003: Added .OGM/.OGG decoders
- v0.1 from 15-Aug-2003: beginning
Some video file isn`t playable on user`s computer. If user isn`t expert,
he tries to run many video playing programms without real understanding
what he really does. Usually, user thinks all be good, if he installs
`New CoolPlayer from...`. In most cases it is NOT problem with PLAYER
(programm that interacts with user and reads video file).
It is the problem with `stream` placed inside file, and `codec`,
that is needed to play this stream. Codec is part of system,
called by player. Usually Codec is identified with 4CC (video)
or 2CC (audio) code.
Authors of players somtimes try to solve `codec problem` in two
- Microsoft Media Player tries to download needed codec from Internet
(`Install on Demand` setting in Internet Explorer Advanced setting tab)
Nice idea, but codec must be registered in Microsoft database. So, really,
this works only with MS codecs only.
- Place all existing codecs in install package of player and install
all of them into your system. This cause user to find and install new
versions of the same player in case new codec needed.
Result is mix of many unworking programms in system.
If you read and understand this text, you may keep your likely player,
but simply install needed CODEC. In comparison with "K-Lite codec Pack" or
"Nimo codec pack" projects, I don`t think instead of you, but I hope you
understand some things.
This text describes some optimal list and
install sequence of programms and codecs.
Main task is "to play any video file".
You can minimize problems with playing video
by reading this text and using mentioned software.
All packets are formed as simply installable, as possible.
You MUST have administrative rights under NT 4.0, Windows 2000, Windows XP
to install this software.
It was tested under Windows NT 4.0 SP6a;
Windows 95 (Pan Euro, Russian, OSR2,...);
Windows 98 (Second Edition);
Windows 2000 (SP2, SP4, En, Ru);
Windows XP Home, Pro, Corporate Edition, En, Ru.
Note about Windows XP
Some of these packages get error during installation under Windows XP.
Operating System clears content of temporarily directory earlier, than
it`s really needed.
If it happens:
- Run executable installation file to unpack it in %TEMP%\RarSFX.000\
- Copy unpacked content to some another directory
- Run install.exe from this `another` directory
|1st portion is different for different OS.
Win 95-98-ME doesn`t contain some old, but useful codecs
(Indeo, for example), or contain wrong versions of them.
Windows NT 4.0 has not enough Direct X version for modern
media player programs (Direct X 7 is required, NT 4.0 can
have Direct X 5 maximum).
You may (and I recommend to) install Media Player Classic
as universal Media Player under any OS with Direct X 7+.
So, install Microsoft Media Player 6.4, Real Player 8.0
and Apple Quicktime player under NT 4.0.
|NT 4.0||W9X ME||W2K XP|
NT 4.0 & Windows 95-98 missing codecs and MS Media Player 6.4:
- mp64full.exe - Media Player 6.4 with codecs
- wmpcdcs8.exe - Windows Media 8 codec
- iv5setup.exe - Intel Indeo (versions 3,4,5)
- qt65full.exe 11M - Quick Time Player 6.5 from APPLE.COM
- qt65full.txt - Quick Time Player 6.5 free registration code
- rp8setup.exe - RealPlayer 8 from REAL.COM
- asusdvd.zip 14M - Asus DVD Player, if you have DVD-ROM (serial nuber inside archive)
Real Player and Quick time Player alternative - substitution
of these programms. Install Media Player Classic from one of
these packages and enjoy. If you have problems with it on system
with DirectX 8.* installed - upgrade DirectX to 9.0 version.
from K-Lite mirror
Media Player Classic plays DVD, so I`ve not placed another DVD player here.
After installing these packeges simply run Media Player Classic (it`s icon
has appeared on desktop). Menu View->Options. Choose Player->Formats and
press button All there. Apply changes.
- quicktimealt175.exe - Quick Time
- realalt150.exe - RealMedia
- wmlite240.exe - Windows Media 9
2nd portion - for any Windows from 95 to XP
- vp6_decoder.exe - True Motion decoder
for 4CC code VP61
- on2_vp7_personal_edition.exe - True Motion decoder
for 4CC code VP70
- wmasound.exe - Old DivX Audio codec
- mp3pro.exe - Old MP3 Pro Audio codec
(Not really needed). This package may be VERY useful, if you install and deinstall
some sound software or players, and mp3 files becomes unplayable.
- matroska.exe - "Matroska" Play Back package.
Matroska - young Free project.
It pretends to support very wide video and audio content. It
contains nice universal subtitles playing tool DirectVobSub.
- ap4xcol1.exe -
This is substitution for `Angel Potion` codec. Original Angel Potion
is hacked MS Mpeg4 codec, very old version. Original AP has at least
to mistakes in code, causing system crashes and color artifacts in
played video. This substitution has no disadvantages. This is DivX 4.12
codec, hacked to play 4CC codes of `Angel Potion`.
3d portion - for any Windows from 95 to XP
- Universal directshow decodec filter. After it`s installing
run the file:
- setting file to cause FFDSHOW to play all possible streams
(VP31 video, AAC/AC3 audio too)
- gspot251.rar (200k) - Nice
programm to show codecs information (installed codecs, codecs needed
Some videofiles are placed here (7M summary size)
Download them all and check if they are viewable on your system.
About some codecs
DOS & Proc <350 МГц
qvpro245.zip - allows
200MHz Pentium to play MPEG4 videostreams and MP3 audio streams.
© 1999-2015 Sergej Qkowlew. . I permit you to use text, pictures,
partially or entirely. Except of disinformation. You may
use all of this either with link to original, or without